Average annual premiums for a 2017 Acura RDX car insurance are about $1,836, or around $153 per month. The national average is $1,318, while it is $500 higher than that. It is also close to Florida’s average of $1,830 and Maryland’s average of $1,810. On the other hand, your location, in addition to a number of other factors, like your age, driving history, and more, will have a significant influence on the cost of your insurance. To get a quote, put all the auto insurance companies in your state in order.
How to compare insurance for the Acura RDX
The process of purchasing car insurance may be difficult. The competition is fierce, making it hard to distinguish one provider from another. Whether you drive a sedan, SUV, or another type of vehicle, the decision about insurance coverage and company selection is fraught with challenges. To further understand the problem, here are some suggestions:
- Price. Looking for insurance is all about cost when it comes to selecting a plan. If you’re shopping around for the best insurance rates, compare costs and ask about possible reductions.
- Deductible. The price of your auto insurance may be impacted by your deductible level. Talk to your supplier about lowering or boosting the amount of your order, if they’re amenable.
- Minimum coverage. Find out if your coverage meets your state’s minimum requirements, or else you can’t drive on public roads.
- Additional coverage. If you wish to be covered for things like personal injury or uninsured motorist liability, you need to make sure that the insurer you pick provides these options.
- Extras. Several other insurance options are available, including tire and rim insurance and glass repair with no deductible. If these qualities are important to you, be sure that the provider you pick offers them.
- Restrictions. Try to remember any limitations while choosing a provider. It might involve limiting coverage for some areas, carpooling, and so on.
- Manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts. Some firms, in collaboration with insurance providers, provide special programs or discounts. Find out from Acura whether any of these discounts apply to you.
- Warranty. When you buy a new Acura car, you may qualify for extra coverages. Make sure that the manufacturer and possible service providers don’t have any common ground.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Acura RDX?
Carriers evaluate a variety of factors when establishing their vehicle insurance rates. You may reduce your rates by driving a less expensive vehicle, but even in this case, the kind of automobile matters. What is the Acura RDX’s performance like?
- Body type. While midsize SUVs such as the Acura MDX cost more to insure, the RDX is a compact SUV that generally has cheaper premiums. The criteria involved in this determination include things like accident repair costs, passenger safety, and others.
- Type of car. Compared to sports cars and coupes, SUVs are thought to be less dangerous, which makes them less costly to insure than the NSX, for example.
- Theft. SUVs are stolen less frequently than sedans, which means that the risk of theft is reduced, and therefore, the insurance rates may be cheaper.
- Repairs. Having components and maintenance available in both the United States and Japan makes it easier to get the Acura RDX built. This being a luxury SUV, damage to the body may be expensive to repair.
- Safety ratings. The RDX’s impressive safety ratings and crash test results have the potential to reduce insurance costs because of the corresponding reduction in vehicle damage.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
The model level and extra equipment on your Acura RDX might potentially impact car insurance costs. Packages can increase the comfort of the car, lower the risk of collisions, or in general make it safer, which may result in reduced rates.
However, when you add a sports package or larger engine, you may get additional insurance as the value of the car grows and horsepower increases. The following are just a few options for the Acura RDX.
- Tech. A navigation system, a blind spot information system and a cross traffic monitor are included in this package. These features can make your RDX running safer, which might lead to reduced rates.
- Elite. Front and back parking sensors, fog lights and auto-dimming mirrors all contribute to enhanced visibility and to cheaper insurance rates for vehicles.
- Trailer hitch. Although this feature is beneficial, it might also raise the risk of damaging your automobile if you want to drive regularly. This might boost your premiums.
- Alloy wheels. Upgrades are expensive and might increase the chance of stolen wheels. As a result, you might pay extra for auto insurance.
- LED fog lights. Fog lights enhance visibility substantially, leading to safer driving and reduced risk of accidents. This function can lead to decreased insurance rates.
- Wheel locks. This characteristic considerably increases the difficulties that many vendors recognize of stealing your wheels. You might qualify for a discount on your vehicle insurance cover if you have them fitted.
Acura RDX money-saving safety features
You may save money on vehicle insurance if your Acura RDX is equipped with these safety features.
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraints
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure system
- Daytime running lights
Does the Acura RDX qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your car may be eligible for a number of auto insurance discounts depending on your company. The precise discounts that you receive however will vary according to your location, your provider and the options available. For the Acura RDX, several of the following should apply:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Usage or low mileage discount
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Acura RDX?
Acura is famous for its trustworthiness, and the RDX is no exception. JD Power and US News reports that recent models have respectively achieved three and four out of five star ratings. Although they are not unique, they show that the Acura RDX is at or better than comparable SUVs. US News rates it among luxury small SUVs for the first time.
The Acura RDX receives few complaints or issues from its owners. Although the 2016 model has the largest total failures, the 2015 model is considered the worst due to higher maintenance costs. The model for 2016 includes screaming brakes, starting difficulties and system failures on the lane.
How safe is the Acura RDX?
Acura has a well-deserved reputation for safe cars and RDX is no exception. The 2018 RDX was ranked by the Highway Safety Institute as the top mid-size SUV for safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration also granted it a perfect 5-star safety rating, while American News gave it a 9.7-star rating.
Acura RDX maintenance
Routine maintenance can assist to extend the Acura RDX’s life. Some estimations for maintenance costs, miles and other considerations are provided below.
- A regular oil change for an Acura RDX cost an Acura dealer around $80 or little more.
- The 2018 Acura RDX averages 23 miles/gallon of fuel, with 20 miles/gallon per city and 28 miles/gallon on the road.
- While Acura informs consumers that their vehicles are being repaired by an approved Acura dealer, your guarantee will not be revoked if you opt to take the vehicle elsewhere.
- The Acura RDX 2018 applies to the Acura’s normal four-year/50,000-mile basic guarantee and six-year/70,000-mile powertrain guarantee. On the other side, Acura offers a range of extended warranty options.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Acura RDX?
While Acura is recognized for its dependability, parts may fail once your warranty has expired if you wish to maintain your car for a longer period of time. Acura offers a number of options accessible at the time of purchase or for additional costs at a later period if you wish to purchase an extended warranty.
About the Acura RDX
In 2007, Acura launched the RDX. The Acura RDX is one of America’s most famous compact luxury SUVs and sold more than 52,000 in 2016. For the 2017 model year, the Acura RDX was awarded a five-star overall safety rating by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and designated a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Insurance companies evaluate Acura RDX insurance costs based on safety and robbery ratings, substitute pricing and overall susceptibility to damage. The cost of insurance depends on your driving history and geographical location. When you choose an Acura RDX, get quotes from different insurance companies to guarantee that you pay the lowest attainable cost. Conduct research to discover if insurance savings are qualified.
Compare Acura competitors
Are you interested in anything else? Investigate other car manufacturers who supply diametrically opposite equivalent cars or contrasting brands.
While Acura RDX might cost about 500 dollars more to insure than the national average, it has a number of features that can qualify for auto insurance discounts. The RDX has high safety ratings from numerous respected organizations, as with many other Acura vehicles. It should be noted that the car is classified as a medium premium SUV which may add to the high cost of the vehicle’s insurance. However, because insurance costs are affected by a number of factors, it is important to analyze your options so that the exact amount you pay is established depending on your circumstances.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Volvo Insurance Rates.