The Aston Martin DB11 is a two-door tower that may be converted or trimmed. This high-end car, thus the $200,000 MSRP, has been built for speed and performance. Its six-figure price tag and luxury style are two of many reasons why the Aston Martin DB11 car insurance costs around $7,800 a year – about six times the national average. It is nonetheless fitted with a suite of safety measures and driver support, which might lower its coverage costs. Filter your state’s auto insurance providers for a quotation.
How do I compare insurance for Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 is a high-performance luxury car with state-of-the-art features and designs that makes insurance exceedingly costly. Aston Martins is covered by most leading automobile carriers, however, specific coverage may be found with a high-performance car insurance company.
Whichever choice you pick, every carrier takes certain variables into consideration when calculating your coverage cost.
- Body type. Two-door coupes like the DB11 are more expensive to insure than four door sedans.
- Fuel. The DB11 features a gas engine, generally cheaper than diesel and hybrid engines to insure.
- Theft rates. The Aston Martin DB11 has strong counter-theft characteristics and is not a frequent objective for theft, which might assist decrease coverage costs.
- Maintenance. In this car maintenance and repairs might be costly, therefore they anticipate paying a larger premium.
- Coverage. You’ll undoubtedly want a collision and comprehensive coverage on such a unique and costly automobile that can raise your insurance prizes.
- Insurer options. You can obtain coverage from big suppliers, but you can pay less with a luxury vehicle insurance company.
- Warranty. The DB11 has a three year or unlimited kilometre warranty but you may wish a further coverage, extended warranty or mechanical breakdown coverage to be considered.
- Safety. This car is made in tiny quantities, thus crash testing is unlikely to contribute to the high coverage costs.
Why is insurance so expensive for the Aston Martin DB11?
The Aston Martin DB11 is more expensive to insure because insurance companies perceive two-door cars as more likely to get in an accident. When your automobile is in an accident, better quality parts and a more difficult repair process also help to increase rates for the UK-fabricated car.
Does the Aston Martin DB11 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Although the Aston Martin DB11 is a high-performance vehicle that is expensive to insure, it might qualify for such incentives that can help lower your coverage costs:
- Anti-theft device
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Aston Martin DB11?
Aston Martins are constructed with safety in mind but have not been tested due to their limited availability.
- Safety. Only around 1,000 Aston Martin DB11s were manufactured, thus there was no NHTSA or IIHS crash testing. It is nonetheless equipped with a lot of airbags and driver support.
- Reliability. The DB11 has no official reliability ratings however there do not appear to be many frequent problems for this car other than minor paint defects and uncommon clutch problems.
- Recalls. DB11 Coupe vehicles have been recalled from 2017 to 2018, owing to the sudden deployment of front airbags caused by a defective steering column. In addition, some models for a wrongly calibrated tire pressure monitoring system were recalled in 2017.
The Aston Martin DB11 is a high-end touring magnet constructed to the greatest requirements. Its luxury appearance, 6-figure price tag, and absence of safety standards are among the numerous reasons why insurance is so expensive. However, you may get more cheap coverage with the proper provider and auto insurance discounts.
Explore additional models in Aston Martin automobile assurance prices or compare your insurance alternatives to identify your provider and coverage.
For another car insurance review, visit our review of Tesla Insurance Rates.