When it comes to finding the lowest auto insurance for a teen driver, the most cost-effective option is to add them to the family policy, which may save families hundreds of dollars a year over purchasing individual coverage.
- Best Car Insurance for Teens
Even if you already know you need to add a youngster to your policy, comparing estimates from different insurance companies can help you save money. On average, BestCarInsurance.org gathered hundreds of bids to identify the cheapest auto insurance companies for teenagers.
We’ve also listed our top picks for the best car insurance companies for teenagers, as certain businesses cater coverage to young drivers better than others.
Best Car Insurance for Teens
Because to its continuously low average costs for adding a teen driver, Nationwide handily beat out other competitors for the top rank.
Pros of Nationwide Insurance
- Superior in terms of lowering the expense of adding a teen driver.
- Top-notch technological foundations, such as pay-per-mile and usage-based insurance
- The company has a low number of complaints.
Cons of Nationwide Insurance
- Due to Nationwide’s outstanding scores across the board, there are no significant drawbacks.
USAA Car Insurance
For those who are eligible, USAA’s excellent customer service makes it worthwhile to consider.
Pros of USAA Car Insurance
- Customer satisfaction with claims is really high.
- For parents, it provides better vehicle insurance rates.
Cons of USAA Car Insurance
- Only active military and veterans, as well as their families, are eligible.