Following the Grand Voyager’s end in 2016, the Chrysler Voyager returned to the market. The 2020 Voyager is a re-tooled and refurbished Chrysler Pacifica minivan with an LXI grade of the fleet alone.
Based on Pacifica insurance, the typical Chrysler Voyager car insurance rates is projected at $132 a month, which is an annual amount of $1584. With a start-up price of $26,985, the annual cost-to-base insurance ratio is 5 percent, a little higher than the national average.
- How do I compare insurance for the Voyager?
- Does the Chrysler Voyager qualify for discounts?
- How reliable is the Chrysler Voyager?
- Bottom line
How do I compare insurance for the Voyager?
The insurance of Chrysler Voyager in 2020 will be rather regular for a mini-vehicle. It is equal to the lower level Pacifica but the addition of bells and whistles will probably be lacking in Voyager. Take into account:
- Body type. Minivans are among the cheapest automobiles to insure due to their robust structure and safe handling.
- Fuel. The combined MPG of the Voyager town and road of 22 is equivalent to that of other conventional minivans.
- Rate robbery. Minivans are robbed less than sedans, however some cities have higher minivan theft rates. The Pacifica was the seventh largest automobile in the United States in 2008 and Chrysler as a brand has higher rates of theft than other brands.
- Maintenance. The expense of keeping this automobile seems to be minimal. Cheaper insurance rates may lead to preventative maintenance for your car with some firms.
- Coverage. How often you drive and how often you live and park your busy relies on the quantity of coverage you require. You will require collision and comprehensive coverage if you finance your car.
- Warranty. A basic guarantee of 36,000 miles and 5 years of 60,000 miles of powertrain guarantees are provided by Chrysler. It also includes roadside support to make it possible for you to give up such insurance coverage.
- Discount manufacturer. Chrysler provided a $750 cash reimbursement for consumers and a 0 percent APR for 36 months of funding at the time of writing.
Does the Chrysler Voyager qualify for discounts?
Yes, some of the standard safety discounts offered by insurance companies are eligible for Voyager:
- Anti-theft discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Passive restraint discount
How reliable is the Chrysler Voyager?
As a renamed Pacific, the Voyager may expect obtaining similar ratings for safety and reliability:
- Safety. Chrysler Pacifica 2019 has been nominated by the Highway Safety Institute as a top safety selection and may also get high scores for the vehicle. The National Highway Safety Administration awarded it a five-star rating. On the Voyager there is standard a blind spot monitoring system, rear cross track detection and parking help.
- Reliability. The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica, J.D. Power and US News awarded 3 out of 5 for dependability and placed the pack in the center. The Voyager can also be said the same.
- Recalls. Between 2017 and 2019, because of steering problems, Fiat Chrysler has recalled over 200,000 Pacifica cars and there will be a chance for Voyager 2020.
The Chrysler Voyager is basically the same mini-fans as the Chrysler Pacifica, which suggests it’s a great all-round car. Voyager’s insurance is slightly higher than normal, but highly priced in safety tests and makes a safe road selection.
Check out our review of Honda Insurance Rates, for another car insurance review.