In spite of its relative youth in the insurance market, Elephant Car Insurance has created quite a splash since its inception in 2009. As a subsidiary of the Admiral Group, it has its U.S. headquarters in Virginia’s Richmond. There are now more states in the US where you may see elephants.
The company offers a wide selection of insurance coverage alternatives, so it’s worth considering for your next policy. However, keep in mind that Elephant’s track record when it comes to customer service is mixed.
Elephant Car Insurance review 2021
- JD Power Rating — Not Rated
- Financial strength — It’s a sham. It’s possible that Elephant Insurance isn’t rated by AM Best. Even though Admiral Group, the company’s parent, is well-known in the UK, it does not have a rating.
- NAIC Rating — There have been more grievances than usual. According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Elephant Insurance has received many more customer complaints than the average insurer (NAIC). Negative experiences with the claims system or dissatisfaction with customer service are common causes of NAIC complaints.
Elephant auto insurance coverage options
Seven states, including Georgia, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia, provide Elephant Car Insurance. The policy term is one year. In addition to liability and collision coverage, the company also provides uninsured motorist coverage. There are a number of optional extras that may be included in your Elephant insurance coverage.
Emergency roadside assistance services are provided by Elephant in partnership with technology businesses such as urgent.ly for policyholders.
Elephant roadside assistance delivers:
- Battery jumping
- Emergency fuel delivery
- Flat-tire replacement
- Lock-out services
As the name implies, this is also known as a vanishing deductible. When you sign up for Elephant, the company offers to provide a lower deductible regardless of your prior accident history. The longer you go without an accident, the lower your deductible will be. Renewal discounts range from $50 to $100 depending on the length of the policy.
It’s possible to assign coverage limitations for rental reimbursement if you need one while your own car is being fixed with Elephant.
If your car has been customized with bespoke parts, Elephant offers coverage for the unique equipment. As long as you have comprehensive and collision insurance, you’re covered.
Legal assistance from Elephant is accessible to motorists who are involved in one minor traffic infraction throughout the course of the year. It takes care of the fees for a lawyer’s consultation and representation. For pre-existing non-auto legal problems including family law, document review, and will preparation, you can also get a 25% discount on attorney fees.
Elephant insurance discounts and reward programs
There are numerous ways to save money on car insurance provided by elephants. There is also a slew of traditional discounts offered by a number of big insurance providers. Take a look at these great rates from Elephant for car insurance.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling. Bundle your house, renters, or motorcycle insurance with your auto insurance to get a multi-policy discount on your premiums.
- Online Quote. Obtain a price estimate from an online resource. Online quotation requests made through Elephant’s website will result in a reduction of 12 percent off your total cost.
- Pay-in-full. For a little fee, you may have coverage for the entire year if you pay in full.
- Eliminate the use of paper. Customers who opt out of receiving paper bills receive a 3 percent discount on each insured vehicle from Elephant.
- E-signature. Enroll in your coverage using your electronic signature to get a little discount.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. Multi-vehicle insurance might save you up to 20% on your rate.
- Good driver. Elephant offers discounts of up to 10% to responsible drivers who have a clean driving record and have been accident-free for five years.
- Good student. Good student discounts are available to those who are full-time students between the ages of 16 and 25 who have at least a “B” average.
- Homeowner. Elephants may give you a discount on your insurance if you own your house.
- Work from home. Elephant gives home-based workers who drive less since they don’t have to go to work a discount on their membership.
Is Elephant Insurance right for you?
Elephant Insurance’s savings and coverage options set it apart from other of the industry’s larger and more well-known players.
Check out our review of Allied Insurance Review for one more insurance review.
Compare Insurance Providers
- Elephant Car Insurance Review
- Multi-State Car Insurance Review
- Maine Mutual Group Car Insurance Review
- Columbia Auto Insurance Review
- Progressive Car Insurance Review
- Penn National Car Insurance Review
- Liberty Mutual Car Insurance Review
- Grange Mutual Car Insurance Review
- Root Car Insurance Review
- MetLife Car Insurance Review