Notice: Trying to get property 'post_content' of non-object in /var/www/bestcarinsurance.org/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/insert-blocks-before-or-after-posts-content/insert-block-before-after-content.php on line 54
There’s a good reason why GEICO Car Insurance is so well-known in the United States: it offers low rates, superior customer service, and a wide range of coverage options for drivers.
GEICO Pros and Cons
- As AM Best said, the company is financially solid.
- There is a broad range of accessibility.
- There are several ways to save, including combining discounts for multiple lines.
- GEICO is a low-cost auto insurance provider, but for individuals who qualify, USAA’s prices may be better than GEICO’s.
GEICO car insurance review
GEICO is the country’s second-largest insurance provider, having been established in 1936. GEICO offers a wide range of insurance services, such as car and motorcycle coverage.
While GEICO is well-known for offering low-cost car insurance, it doesn’t mean the company provides subpar service to its customers. In our 2021 review of GEICO car insurance, we’ll tell you more about the company.
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — J.D. Power rates GEICO’s overall claim satisfaction as “average”.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Average: GEICO had an average rating in the J.D. Power 2021 survey of insurance company customer satisfaction.
- Financial strength — Superior: GEICO has a high financial strength rating from AM Best, which means that policyholders should not fear the company’s capacity to pay claims.
- NAIC Rating — Average: The NAIC assigns a complaint grade based on the total number of customer complaints received over time. In terms of this metric, GEICO was in the middle of the road.
In all 50 states and Washington, D.C, GEICO insurance coverage is available.
GEICO Auto insurance coverage options
If you’re shopping for car insurance, you’ll find it all at GEICO.
- Liability coverage
- Property damage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
Let’s take a look at some of GEICO’s vehicle insurance’s standout features.
Emergency road service
If you have comprehensive coverage via GEICO, you may want to consider adding the company’s roadside assistance service. The following services are included as part of your coverage:
- Jumpstarts for dead batteries
- Labor to change a tire
- Lockout services
In the event that your car becomes undriveable due to a covered claim, this extra coverage reimburses you for the associated expenditures. GEICO only covers “covered claims,” therefore it doesn’t cover things like normal wear and tear or mechanical problems. This will provide you with a rental car for the amount of days indicated in your insurance coverage.
Mechanical breakdown insurance.
The mechanical breakdown coverage offered by GEICO is rare among car insurance companies (MBI). This extended warranty protects your car from a wide range of technical problems not covered by a standard auto insurance policy. Damage from a car collision is not included in this calculation. There is a deductible for MBI.
Accident forgiveness is an optional insurance benefit offered by GEICO. After your first at-fault accident, your insurance price will not increase. One use of the GEICO accident forgiveness program is allowed per policy period under the policy-specific accident forgiveness program.
GEICO’s ridesharing coverage extends to the following companies as well:
- Amazon Flex
- Uber Eats
GEICO car insurance discounts and reward programs
Discounts based on the vehicle:
- Airbags: 25-40% savings
- Anti-lock brakes: 5%
- Anti-theft system: 25%
- Daytime running lights: 1%
Discounts based on the driver
- Good driver: as much as 26% — These fantastic discounts are available to drivers with a three-year clean driving record.
- Seatbelt use: If you have medical or personal injury coverage, you can apply this discount for a 15 percent savings. If you and your passengers always buckle up, you and your passengers may save up to 15% on your ticket.
- Good student: you or your student can save up to 15 percent if you or they are between the age of 16 and 24 and have at least a “B” average.
- Driving education course: driver’s education course completion may qualify you for a discount on most insurance for new drivers.
- Defensive driving: Depending on your state, you may be eligible for a discount on your auto insurance if you successfully complete a defensive driving course.
- Emergency deployment: Military personnel who are deployed may be eligible for a 25 percent discount on their whole automobile insurance policy.
- Member and employee discounts: GEICO has ties with some businesses and membership organizations, so you may be eligible for a discount. For example, police and fireman associations might be founded on occupation, whereas alumni associations are made up of former members of such professions.
- Military discounts: 15 percent – GEICO offers military personnel and veterans discounts of up to 15 percent on their insurance policies.
- Federal employee discount: 8% — GEICO offers an eagle discount to current and former government employees. To be eligible, you must be a GS-7 or above. This can be found in the majority of states.
Discounts for bundling or insuring multiple cars
- Multi-policy discount: It’s possible that you’ll save money by bundling numerous products with GEICO, including your auto and house insurance. When it comes to insurance, bundling is a fantastic way to save money. When it comes to insurance bundles, GEICO offers a wide range, including house and car insurance as well as renters’ and condo owners’ insurance. In addition to saving money, bundling insurance reduces administrative burdens. You may be able to save money on your monthly insurance premiums by combining your home and auto coverage. See if you can get all of your insurance needs covered by the same company by seeing an insurance agent.
- Multi-vehicle discount: A 25 percent discount on your overall coverage is possible if you insure a number of vehicles with GEICO.
GEICO telematics and mobile app
Varies. It’s called DriveEasy, and it uses GEICO telematics to calculate your driving score based on your habits. In order to help you become a better, safer, and more defensive driver, the mobile program recognizes and tracks your motions after it is installed on your smartphone. Teenagers and other novice drivers in the family may find it a better option than a traditional car.
- Senior driver discount: dispensation differs — If you’re over 50, accident-free, and don’t cover any drivers under 25, you may be eligible for a reduction on your insurance.
Where is GEICO auto insurance cheapest?
The following ten states have the most cheap GEICO auto insurance plans out of the 50 that provide it:
- Wisconsin. $45
- Arizona. $55
- New Hampshire. $59
- Ohio. $62
- Iowa. $67
- Utah. $68
- Maine. $69
- North Carolina. $71
- Colorado. $72
- Illinois. $72