Our analysis shows that the GMC Acadia insurance cost averages around 136 dollars a month or 1632 dollars a year. Yourself, the amount of miles you travel in one year and your age will decide on the precise cost. Gender and other issues.
How to compare insurance for the GMC Acadia
In comparison with GMC Acadia insurance alternatives, consider the following criteria:
- Price. Look at the several discounts for which you might qualify to receive the most value for your policy when comparing providers.
- Deductible. A higher deduction, meaning that you are accountable for a greater amount of damage to property or medical expenditures prior to insurance, is one way to cut your monthly premium.
- Coverage. Make sure your insurance coverage complies at the very least with national minimal criteria in your location. If you have an improved trim package, take additional coverage options like collision and comprehensive.
- Manufacturer offers. GMC’s 24-hour roadside help service covers all GMC vehicles from 2007 and after, so you won’t have to worry about adding this option to your policy.
What factors affect car insurance for the GMC Acadia?
Due to its high safety and reliability and its renown as a small mid-range SUV, it should not cost too much to insure your GMC Acadia.
This automobile is offered in six separate trim options that may alter your insurance cost. The GMC Acadia 2018 offers SL, SLE-2, SLT-1, SLT-2, SLT-2, and Denali in the following trim levels. In general, the higher your insurance rate, the higher your car’s cost. You may save money on insurance every month if you pick an Acadia SL rather than an Acadia Denali.
In front-wheel drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD) variants of Acadia are also available (AWD). Insurance providers might provide you a modest discount on the cost when your car is equipped with AWD.
Driver factors and insurance costs
In addition to your car’s model and type, your auto insurance price might be affected by various criteria, such as age, sex, area, credentials and accident history.
In all countries except Hawaii, Massachusetts and California your credit score may impact your vehicle insurance costs. This is because independent research shows that the poorer your credit value is, the more likely you are to make a claim.
Does the GMC Acadia qualify for discounts?
In addition to receiving a new car discount, the GMC Acadia offers several safety features, which might save you money in auto insurance, for example:
- A function of a teen driver which lets parents limit other drivers’ speed and noise.
- Alerts for lane change
- Cross-transport rear alerts
- Collision warnings forward
- Football Braking Front
- Assisting rear park
- A Return Camera
Bear in mind that every Acadia Trim Package includes not all driver assist security features, so double-check your car’s specifications to make sure you save as much money as possible on insurance.
Reliability and safety ratings for the GMC Acadia
The Acadia is recognized for its reliability and security, like other GMC vehicles. In AWD GMC Acadia 2018 the National Road Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) gives a 5 out of 5 overall safety rating, whereas the FWD model is ranked 4 out of 5.
Likewise, despite several complaints from users regarding reliability issues with older versions, JD Power ranks current Acadia models as 4 out of 5 in terms of reliability.
GMC Acadia recalls
For the GMC Acadia 2017 and 2018, there are presently two calls:
- Powertrain issues. When you drive, the drive shaft might be mounted and your chances of accident increase.
- Fuel system. The pump can be removed and the high pressure fuel line damages the pump and the risk of a fire increases.
The GMC Acadia series maintenance
Routine GMC Acadia maintenance is fairly priced, e.g. for oil change, replacement of brake pads and tire rotation. Unlike similar SUVs like the Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain, the fuel economy of GMC Acadia is low.
- GMC Acadia: Up to 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
- GMC Terrain: Up to 28 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
- Chevy Equinox: Up to 28 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
What was the name of GMC’s first SUV crossover?
The first SUV crossover was the 2007 GMC Acadia. Due to the fact that Acadia is not built in a truck such as the Chevy Tahoe or GMC Yukon, the insurance costs are expected to be lower than those for the bigger SUV or full truck. This is because bigger wagons generate more accident damage, which means that insurance firms have to pay for more expensive claims.
It should be roughly average to make sure your GMC Acadia is guaranteed, although it most likely costs more than a comparable GMC Terrain. When you have to reduce your car insurance premium and have yet to buy your Acadia, take into account modest differences in insurance prices for the various trim packages, which may amount to a few hundred dollars each year in savings.
Compare the price of automotive insurance from several companies before choosing to guarantee that you have the highest cost and coverage for your GMC Acadia.
Visit our review of GMC Canyon Car Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.