The typical costs of GMC Canyon car insurance are around $128 a month, or $1,536 per year, according to our analysis. You have a driving history, amount of kilometers you drive each year, age and sex, and other variables that decide your precise cost.
How to compare insurance for the GMC Canyon
Take into account the following criteria in search of the best GMC Canyon insurance:
- Price. Since the GMC Canyon is a smaller pick-up vehicle, the bank is not going to break. Compare your savings to the most value for your money with different suppliers.
- Deductible. If you want to receive the lowest insurance premium, choosing a larger deduction is a possibility. Be sure that your money is set aside if you need to file a claim, because before insurance starts you have to pay the deductible.
- Coverage. Verify that your insurance coverage complies with the minimal criteria of your state. You may choose to buy extra coverage, such as collisions, comprehensive and uninsured and under-assured motorists, according to your budget and requirements.
- Manufacturer offers. A five-year motor vehicle guarantee, including round-trip assistance and complementary transport if your vehicle needs towing, is provided to all new GMC vehicles.
What factors affect car insurance for the GMC Canyon?
The GMC Canyon should not be too costly to insure, a mid-size vehicle with a variety of optional security features. However, it comes in a series of cuts that might have a modest effect on your insurance premiums.
The more expensive it is to buy, the more expensive it is to insure. However, certain improved safety measures might save you money even if the model is somewhat more expensive.
The GMC Canyon Standard Package for example costs Erie insurance $115 a month, while the most expensive GMC Canyon Denali costs $110 a month.
Driver factors and insurance costs
Other factors like your old age, marital status, location and history of accidents can all affect your automotive insurance prices apart from the kind and model of your car.
Most suppliers of insurance also consider your gender and credit score. Women have cheaper insurance costs for vehicles than men as studies demonstrate that driving involves less risk. Those with higher credit rates enjoy cheaper rates in most countries.
Does the GMC Canyon qualify for discounts?
Yes. In addition, you may save money on the insurance premium for your GMC Canyon because of the safety features accessible for you, such as:
- Collision warnings forward
- Warnings of lane deviation
- A adolescent driving software that allows parents to restrict their speed and volume
- Sitting point of the child
- A Return Camera
- An alert against robbery
Reliability and safety ratings for the GMC Canyon
The GMC Canyon was ranked by U.S. News as the first compact truck in 2018 based on its dependability, safety and performance ratings. Its reliability rating is an average of three out of five stars, but it’s over-average safety and performance ratings have inclined scales toward this acceptable car.
A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration gives a four-out of five safety rating to the GMC Canyon, while a Canyon crew cab is given good overall safety ratings from the Institute for Highway Safety (IHS). The side effects rating was only adequate for the extended cab type.
If you own a GMC Canyon 2016, you will know that there is a safety call back:
- Airbags. The airbags of the driver might inflate unsuitably, thereby increasing the danger of harm.
The GMC Canyon series maintenance
The GMC Canyon should be easy to fix as a small car. It should not cost as much as full size cars to maintain and repair normally, but it will most probably cost more than a sedan.
The tiny size of Canyon also offers a fuel economy advantage: in the city, up to 22 mpg and on the motorway 30 mpg.
The tiny GMC Canyon may be an ideal choice if you want the benefits of a pick-up truck without the heavy bulk and the increased expenses of insurance, including some of your bigger alternatives. Its strong security levels might also enable you to make premium savings while looking for insurance.
You may check out our review of Chevy Colorado Insurance Rates.