The GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado had been almost comparable until recently. The GMC has included components that distinguish the two with the 2019 model release, such as a double-piece tailgate, a carbon fiber bed, an exterior design and more. The usual cost of the new GMC Sierra car insurance is $1,300, although depending on the extras you pick.
How do I compare insurance for the GMC Sierra?
The GMC Sierra is a robust collection vehicle for business as well as for playing. The cost of insurance varies according to the provider and the calculation of premiums. In determining GMC auto insurance prices, however, many companies consider the following criteria:
- Body type. Pick-up trucks, for instance the Sierra, are often safer and more durable than the two-door automobiles that might decrease insurance costs.
- Fuel. The Sierra comes with either a gas or diesel engine, which costs less for the gas version.
- Theft rates. Old GMC Sierra and Silverado cars have high robbery rates that might increase the cost of insurance.
- Repair costs. The maintenance and repair of this car is rather normal, and thus the insurance costs are expected to decrease compared to luxury cars.
- Coverage. Although collision and full coverage are not necessary, you can choose to buy them at higher rates for added protection.
- Insurer options. You shouldn’t find it hard to acquire this automobile coverage, so ask as many firms for the best rate as you can.
- Build options. Depending on the train, motor size and other buildings you pick, your premiums may be more or cheaper.
Does GMC Sierra qualify for auto insurance discounts?
The 2019 GMC Sierra offers a variety of security, safety and driver support features, allowing you to save car insurance.
- Anti-theft device
- Passive restraint systems
- Anti-lock brakes
- Rear and side parking assist
- Blind zone alert
- Lane change alert
- Surround vision and rear camera mirror
How reliable is the GMC Sierra?
The GMC Sierra is a robust vehicle designed to withstand the conditions of snow, fog, and off-road. Here are some more details to consider:
- Safety. In nearly every area the 2019 GMC Sierra gets almost flawless ratings from IIHS, which help you save insurance money.
- General reliability. Some GMC sierras have problems with fuel size measurements, improper HVAC or air temperature and other minor and less common defects.
- Recalls. Due to an issue that might prevent seat belts or airbags from being deployed in an accident GMC recalled some 2014-2017 GMC Sierra automobiles. Some cars were also recalled in 2015 because of an issue that may lead to a power steering failure for a short time.
The GMC Sierra is a mid-budget pickup truck with a range of safety technology and driver assistance to manage workplaces and casual driving. Its long-term, highly functional design is one of the many reasons why insurance rates are cheap in vehicles.
However, depending on your construction choice, driving history and other circumstances, your real price may change. It is thus essential to assess the options for the best coverage and prices for your case.
Check out our review of Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Rates.