Because of its high levels of protection, small size, and low theft rate, this Honda Insight car insurance rates may be easy on your budget. Insurance expenses are expected to be about $158 per month or $1,836 per year. With an MSRP of $22,930 dollars and a monthly cost-to-base insurance ratio of 12 percent, this vehicle outperforms the national average of 4 percent in its category.
How do I compare insurance for the Insight?
Insight is the delight of an insurance company since it checks numerous low-risk boxes, such as being of modest size, having a limited amount of business, and being inexpensive to maintain. Additional variables, such as the following, may, on the other hand, raise the cost of automobile ownership.
- Body type. As a compact sedan, the Insight earns marks for being nimble and maneuverable in traffic, which means it shouldn’t cause too much trouble in an accident.
- Fuel. Despite the fact that the insurance costs are more than normal, you may be able to save money due to the vehicle’s combined fuel economy of 52 mpg.
- The rate of theft. Because of its widespread use, it is possible that the Civic will have significant theft rates, whereas prior versions of the Insight had low theft rates.
- Maintenance. This car is primarily composed of fundamental treatment, however its electrical components may be an additional expense. In contrast, according to Car & Driver, its similar Civic model retains maintenance expenses of around $500 over a five-year period.
- Coverage. With basic coverage, you have the option of keeping your rates low. However, once your warranty has expired, you should consider purchasing roadside assistance because this vehicle has experienced a number of problems throughout its brief lifespan.
- Options for insurance companies. Any company must guarantee that this tiny, low-risk vehicle is available and that customers have options for lower rates.
- Warranty. This vehicle is covered by the standard three-year/36,000-kilometer warranty, as well as free roadside assistance. Furthermore, Honda provides coverage for up to five years and 60,000 miles, as well as battery protection for up to eight years and 100,000 miles.
Does the Honda Insight qualify for discounts?
With its safety measures, such as: This new and improved understanding may be able to assist you in obtaining a discount
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft system
- Front-impact airbags
- Knee airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Stability control
How reliable is the Honda Insight?
This car gets a superior crashworthiness rating and is a top security pick according to the IIHS for 2019. However, the automobile has already experienced several problems, serving as a reminder that there is no such thing as long-term dependability. The car has encountered a number of difficulties, serving as a reminder that you may want a strong warranty as well as a covering on the side of the road.
- Safety. It is on the list of the safest small vehicles in crash tests because of its 5-star rating and top safety award from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2019.
- Reliability. Complaints concerning illumination, suspension, electrical, and exterior problems have already been received in considerable numbers by Insight.
- Recalls. Despite being in its infancy on the market, the 2019 Honda Insight has been subject to a number of recalls, including those involving airbags, seat binders, and camera backup malfunctioning. Despite being in its infancy on the market, the 2019 Honda Insight has been subject to a number of recalls, including those involving airbags, seat binders, and camera backup malfunctioning.
The Honda Insight was phased out for a variety of reasons, including its size, security, low voltage, and low repair costs, among others. It is anticipated that insurance prices for the hybrid would be competitive. However, it is just a small amount more than the industry rate for auto insurance.
Compare Insight providers or compare prices with another brand or model to ensure that you are getting the best possible value and coverage for your money.
For additional car insurance review, check out our review of Honda Accord Insurance Rates.