The Passport is a compact and reasonably priced SUV. The Honda Passport insurance costs an average of $145 per month, which is more than the national average of $145 per month per year, or $1,743 per year. With a base price of $31,990, the yearly cost-to-base insurance price ratio is slightly higher than the national average of 4%, which is slightly higher than the state average.
How do I compare insurance for the Honda Passport?
When looking for passport insurance quotes, keep in mind the following things to keep in mind:
- Body type. Even if you won’t obtain a miniature passport as a mid-size SUV, you will still save money on insurance because of the larger vehicle.
- Fuel. The Passport is a V6 AWD vehicle that gets 22 MPG on average, which is about average for a compact SUV. However, because it is a gas-powered vehicle, insurance should be less expensive than for electric or hybrid vehicles.
- The rate of theft. Honda was successful in its petition to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to exclude a significant anti-theft package as standard from the Federal Theft Prediction Standard beginning in 2019. The kit is made up of a passive immobiliser, an intelligent entry, a powertrain control module, and a warning system, among other components.
- Maintenance. The Honda Passport’s maintenance costs are often low, and this looks to be the case in this case too. Magazine Car and Driver accrued 20,000 miles on their passport throughout their trip. They just had to pay $300 in upkeep for the first six months. When maintenance is required, Honda provides a mechanism to remind you to keep your passport in good condition.
- Warranty. The passenger is covered by a 3-year, 36,000-mile guarantee, and a 5-year, 60,000-mile warranty, respectively.
Does the Honda Passport qualify for discounts?
Depending on the equipment in your Passport, you may be qualified for one or more of the following insurance discounts:
- Passive restraint systems discount
- Anti Lock brakes discount
- Anti-theft devices discount
- Safety features discount
How reliable is the Passport?
With an exceptionally high degree of security and dependability, the new Passport variants are an excellent choice.
- Safety. The Top Security Pick and NHTSA gave the 2020 Passport a 5-star safety rating, which was also given to the 2019 Passport and the 2020 Passport by IIHS, respectively.
- Reliability. Honda Passport received an overall score of 85 out of 100 from J.D. Power based on verified owner feedback. In all, the #7 SUVs have been categorized out of the top ten SUVs.
- Recalls. A difficulty with wiping off ink with the certification mark served as the only source of reminders until 2020.
By lowering your insurance costs, you may be able to take advantage of the high safety rating and extensive anti-theft features offered by the Honda Passport. However, if you are looking for a more significant decrease, compare the model to others in your class or to insurance savings in an SUV or a crossover vehicle. And, as always, be certain that you are getting the best deal possible on the insurance coverage you require.
Check out our review of Honda Pilot Insurance Rates for one more car insurance review.