Notice: Trying to get property 'post_content' of non-object in /var/www/bestcarinsurance.org/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/insert-blocks-before-or-after-posts-content/insert-block-before-after-content.php on line 54
Hyundai’s Santa Cruz 2020 pick-up truck is the company’s first foray into the pickup truck industry. The firm has the same portfolio as Tucson and is expected to start at around $18,000 to accommodate the needs of the city’s people who live in a busy environment. The Hyundai Santa Cruz car insurance rates should vary between $170 and $190 per month on average. It offers a cost-to-base insurance ratio of 10 to 12 percent on an annual basis. Because it is a pickup truck, the usual national average is more than three times higher than the national average of 4 percent.
How do I compare insurance for the Hyundai Santa Cruz?
The Hyundai Cruz is not just a new car in the Hyundai lineup, but also an entirely new vehicle in any market. This implies that insurance companies will be unable to calculate premiums since they will not have model data to work with. Because it is built on the same platform as the Hyundai Tucson, insurance companies anticipate comparing the Tucson’s statistics to the Santa Cruz’s pricing structure.
- Body type. The Santa Cruz crossover is the first truck to hit the market in the United States. SUVs generally have lower insurance rates than trucks, but we expect the pickup rates for this new vehicle to be on par with or even lower than trucks.
- Fuel. When compared to comparable trucks, the Santa Cruz is expected to save drivers a significant amount of money at the pump, with an estimated fuel efficiency of more than 30 mpg. However, the more expensive the battery parts are, the more likely it is that you will require maintenance or replacement, which will offset some of the savings.
- Theft rates. In comparison to the Hyundai Tucson, the Santa Cruz has an incredibly low robbery rate, which means you can anticipate it to retain a low robbery rate.
- Maintenance. According to the RepairPal website, the Tucson’s similar model requires $426 in annual maintenance. Reduced maintenance costs are associated with lower insurance premiums.
- Coverage. Coverages for newer automobiles are often more expensive since insurers are more likely to want to crash and protect your new ride to the fullest extent possible.
- Warranty. The Hyundai warranty is limited to 5 years and 60,000 miles, or 100,000 miles in 10 years, whichever comes first. Both options include roadside assistance, allowing you to keep your insurance coverage in place until the guarantee expires.
- Manufacturer offer. Hyundai had not disclosed its ideas to Santa Cruz at the time of the writing of this letter. Automobile manufacturers regularly provide promotional incentives for their newest models, such as zero percent APR financing.
Does Santa Cruz qualify for discounts?
If your Santa Cruz is equipped with at least one of the following security measures, you might be eligible for a safety car discount.
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft device
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Airbag discount
- Passive restraint discount
How reliable is the Hyundai Santa Cruz?
Although it will be at least a year before Santa Cruz releases official dependability and safety ratings, comparable vehicles, particularly the Hyundai Tucson, can give insight into the vehicle’s overall performance and reliability.
- Safety. Hyundai consistently receives high safety ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The Tucson got a 5-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in 2019, as well as the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ designation.
- Reliability. With a total score of 78 out of 100 points, Tucson had an 85 point dependability rating in the 2019 J.D. Power and Associates survey. Hyundai’s other SUVs are known for their dependability, but the Santa Cruz will be the company’s first truck.
- Recalls. Hyundai has been honored on a regular basis by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the national road safety agencies for its excellent safety performance (NHTSA). Tucson was awarded the IIHS Top Safety Pick+ for 2019 as well as a 5-star security rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
In 2020, the Hyundai Santa Cruz will be the first pickup truck produced by the Korean car manufacturer. Although its small size and low cost should appeal to city dwellers, the fact that it is a new pickup type likely results in high insurance premiums for the vehicle.
Be certain to check various vehicle insurance providers to find the most affordable rate before adding your Santa Cruz to your policy or you may check our insurance review of Honda Ridgeline Insurance Rates to compare of.