The insurance costs are partly due to the F-Type Cup Body for a luxury car. Compare coverage, prices, discounts, and more for F-Type insurance. The median Type F insurance cost is $148 a month or $1,776 a year. Wait for this number to be increased if you select the F-Type convertible. The type of F-rate costs $350 higher than the national average of $1,426 a year.
How do I compare insurance for the F-Type?
The Jaguar F-Type is cheaper to insure than comparable luxury cars. The convertible kind may increase your price somewhat.
This particular vehicle is covered by several insurance companies. If you have issues with acquiring insurance for your new jaguar you may have to look at specialized insurers of exotic vehicles and sports cars.
- Body type. The F-Type is an entrance level of luxury or convertible. The cuts are likely to be less expensive than the convertible. Cabinets frequently constitute a safety issue since their efficiency increases and their protection reduces after an accident.
- Price tag. In price sensitivity, the F-Type is at the bottom among luxury cars. It begins at around MSRP $62,000.
- Fuel. The F-Type is urban 23 mpg and road 30 mpg.
- Maintenance. Maintenance and repair might be more costly for a Jaguar expert. However, overall, annual maintenance costs an average of around $1,400 per year. It also includes a maintenance plan for the first several years, which makes Jaguar foot payable.
- Coverage. More maximum and additional safeguards may be considered, such as full credit / lease gap and coverage for uninsured / under-insured cars. You may also acquire a luxury car insurance, which often has higher value and maximum limitations.
- Warranty. The car has a driving guarantee of five years or 60,000 miles, plus a 5-year maintenance plan of 60,000 miles.
- Manufacturer offer. Jaguar provides financing for 36 months of all F-Type vehicles at 1.9% APR. This is less than half the total average auto loan rate.
Does the Jaguar F-Type qualify for discounts?
The F-Type comes with a healthy safety list that might help you get an insurance discount:
- Anti-theft system
- Anti-lock brakes
- Electronic stability control
- InControl Protect Emergency SOS
- Lane departure warning
- Forward collision warning
- Parking sensors
- Emergency braking
- Low tire pressure warning
- Back-up camera
Why are insurance rates above-average for the Jaguar F-Type?
The F-Type has surprisingly cheap insurance premiums for a luxurious sports vehicle. However, for various reasons its rate remains above the national average:
- Higher MSRP. The F-Type starts at $60 thousand. While not cheap, it is cost-effective for a luxury car. However, in an accident, this price tag will cost your insurance provider more.
- Higher coverage. If you select up the optional protection or luxury motor insurance, you will see a higher price. You will obtain premium coverage, though, in exchange.
- Specialized repairs. If you require a specialized or a Jaguar mechanic, repairs will be more expensive. Your insurance company compensates for this risk by increasing rates.
- Convertible top. The F-Type comes with a convertible option that increases the danger of passengers to this function on the road.
- Engine power. The F-Type is more powerful than many other engines, which makes high-speed driving potentially more engaging.
How reliable is the Jaguar F-Type?
In general, the F-Type could be reliable due to its frequent recalls. The safety and long-term reliability of crash testing are relatively poorly known. This might lead to an increase in insurance prices for some companies.
- Safety. The F-Type is not classed as IIHS or NHTSA, because it is very new. In addition, Jaguars aren’t mainstream cars, which lowers them to other cars in the safety test list.
- Reliability. The F-type has limited long-term confidence knowledge as the oldest model in this car takes a few years to finish. Due to its tried and proven engine and low out-of-pocket maintenance, several automotive test sites nonetheless supplied it with somewhat higher standards.
- Recalls. The F-Pace has a wide range of retrievals including seating belt and belt sensor problems, battery cable problems, drive and steering power, rotation signals and rail fuel finish caps.
The Jaguar F-Type provides a variety of guarantees, substantial guarantees, and cheap financing rates. Compared to other luxury cars, all these qualities combine with low-cost insurance.
Visit our review of Ford GT Insurance Rates for another car insurance review.