Notice: Trying to get property 'post_content' of non-object in /var/www/bestcarinsurance.org/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/insert-blocks-before-or-after-posts-content/insert-block-before-after-content.php on line 54
A significant insurer in the United States, Liberty Mutual offers a wide range of savings as well as comprehensive coverage, although it may fall short in other respects.
Liberty Mutual Pros and Cons
- Auto insurance add-ons to consider to keep you and your vehicle better protected
- Numerous discounts on vehicle and house insurance
- Auto insurance policies with telematics and usage-based pricing are now available.
- Does not have the best reputation for customer service
- If you’re looking for additional benefits or coverage, you may be dissatisfied.
- Young drivers pay exorbitant premiums compared to the national average.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance review
As the fourth-largest property and casualty insurer in the United States, Liberty Mutual was established in 1912 and is a household name.
Local Liberty Mutual salespeople and the company’s website cover the country as a whole.
As with other large and diversified insurance companies of similar size and scope, Liberty Mutual offers a comparable range of coverage options, discounts, and prices. While Liberty Mutual’s financial condition is good, customer satisfaction ratings and the number of complaints filed were below average, a closer look at the company’s claims and customer service processes indicates that they are not the most favorable.
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — The standard deviation is too high. According to the most recent J.D. Power survey, Liberty Mutual customers were less satisfied than the industry average with the company’s claims handling system.
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — A cut above the rest. J.D. Power rated Liberty Mutual’s overall customer service as superior than the industry average in its 2021 assessment.
- Financial strength — Good. Liberty Mutual’s ability to pay insurance claims is unaffected, according to a high financial strength rating.
- NAIC Rating — Poor. According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, Liberty Mutual received more complaints than any other major insurance provider (NAIC).
Liberty Mutual car insurance coverage options
Liability, collision, comprehensive, uninsured motorist, personal injury protection (PIP), and medical expenditures are all included in Liberty Mutual car plans in all 50 states. Let’s take a look at some of Liberty Mutual’s most unique insurance options.
Liberty Mutual Deductible Fund®
With the purchase of this supplementary plan, policyholders can reduce their yearly deductible by $100.
Liberty Mutual accident forgiveness
After your first accident, your coverage cannot increase due to accident forgiveness or other optional policies. To be eligible, you must have a five-year clean driving record free of accidents and moving violations (not available in California).
Liberty Mutual lifetime repair guarantee
It’s a lifetime policy, so it covers repairs as long as you own the automobile. More than 2,000 Guaranteed Repair Network facilities may be found in the United States to suit your needs.
Liberty Mutual new or better car replacement
Under this coverage option, Liberty Mutual will swap out your destroyed car for a newer model with less than 15,000 miles on it. To be eligible, your automobile must be under a year old and have less than 15,000 miles on it.
Rental car reimbursement through Liberty Mutual
The cost of a rental automobile will be paid if your car is damaged in an accident covered by this insurance. The limits on coverage differ from one state to the next.
Liberty Mutual roadside assistance
If you’re worried about becoming stranded, have a look at this policy. The roadside assistance services provided by Liberty Mutual include the following:
- Flat tires
- Dead batteries
- No gas
Auto loan or lease gap
In the event of a catastrophic loss, policyholders will owe no more than the automobile is worth. It’s also known as “gap insurance” since it compensates you for the difference between what Liberty Mutual believes your automobile is worth and what you owe on the loan.
Original parts replacement
After a claim, this coverage will replace your car with genuine manufacturer’s components.
Coverage for teachers
In the event of vandalism or theft, this extra coverage will cover your car and teaching materials. It is tailored particularly for instructors and educators.
Liberty Mutual Mexico car insurance coverage
If you’re traveling to Mexico, Liberty Mutual offers coverage.
Liberty Mutual and Turo
Members of Turo’s car-sharing service are covered by Liberty Mutual’s auto insurance policy. Instead of typical vehicle rental companies, Turo offers a peer-to-peer car-sharing service. People may rent their own cars, which raises the difficult issue of insurance. Those who hire a private automobile for business purposes have a few options for insurance coverage. There are three levels of coverage available.
Liberty Mutual auto insurance discounts
Liberty Mutual vehicle insurance customers can save money by purchasing the following extra coverages or features. If you make even a few of these minor adjustments, you may be able to save money on your monthly insurance premiums.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Accident-free. Safe drivers with a clean driving record might get a discount from Liberty Mutual.
- Violation-free. In the event that your driving record is spotless and devoid of violations, you may be eligible for discounts.
- Alternative energy. Drivers of environmentally friendly vehicles, such as hybrids and electric cars, can get a discount from Liberty Mutual.
- Anti-theft device. This discount is available to you if your vehicle is equipped with an anti-theft system.
- Advanced safety features. Adaptive headlights, electronic stability control, and anti-lock brakes may all be eligible for a discount.
- Early shopper. Prior to the expiration of your existing policy, get a quote from Liberty Mutual to see whether you qualify for a discount when you complete the policy.
- Military. People who have served in the military might get lower insurance premiums from Liberty Mutual. Liberty Mutual may offer a military discount to active-duty, reserve, and retired members of the armed forces.
- Homeowner. It’s possible to save money on your insurance if you’re a homeowner.
- Good student. Students with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 may be eligible for a significant student discount on their membership fees.
- Student away at school. If you’re a student and you only drive your car for school-related purposes, you may be eligible for this discount.
Discounts based on your policy
- Bundling or multi-policy. Assembling numerous Liberty Mutual plans will allow you to take advantage of the most popular insurance discount while also saving you time and money. It’s not uncommon for people to bundle their vehicle and house insurance policies.
- Multi-car. A single policy from Liberty Mutual insures all of your automobiles, and you’ll save money if you have a large fleet.
- Payment by bank. Automatic payments and linking your bank account are both required to receive this discount.
- Pay-in-full. To save money, pay your insurance in one or two monthly installments.
- Online purchase. A discount may be available to customers who purchase a policy through the Liberty Mutual website.
- Paperless. A small discount may be offered to policyholders who prefer to manage their accounts online rather than through paper.
Where is Liberty Mutual car insurance available?
Auto insurance is available from Liberty Mutual in 45 states and the District of Columbia.
Liberty Mutual vs. Competitors
- Liberty Mutual. $144
- GEICO. $100
- Allstate. $169
- Nationwide. $119
Liberty Mutual bundling options
One of the best ways to save money on insurance is to bundle plans so that you only have to deal with one bill. It is possible to combine vehicle insurance with a wide choice of other products offered by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company.
How to cancel a Liberty Mutual insurance policy
Liberty Mutual’s customer service department may be reached at 1-800-290-8711 to terminate an account. Depending on your state, you may be subject to cancellation costs or be eligible for a refund. Liberty Mutual’s website has further information, which you may find here.
Can I cancel my Liberty Mutual policy online?
In order to cancel Liberty Mutual insurance, you must call 1-800-290-8711 and speak with a customer service representative.
Liberty Mutual online features and app
Liberty Mutual’s website, like that of many other well-known insurance companies, can provide quotes for a variety of insurance products and let customers tailor their coverage to meet their individual needs. The following are other features of the website:
- Comparisons of car and homeowners, condo or renters insurance rates are a great way to save money.
- File and manage claims
- Paying invoices, reviewing policy documents, and obtaining proof of insurance cards are all part of account management tasks.
- Finding local agents
With the mobile app from Liberty Mutual (available for Apple and Android smartphones), you can manage your bills, make claims and carry digital insurance ID cards just as on the internet.
For another insurance review, visit our review of Kentucky Farm Bureau Car Insurance Review.