The Mazda Speed3 – a sports compact hatchback — was designed and introduced in 2007 by Mazda’s racing department. It remains extremely popular despite the fact that it was only produced until 2013. Being a sports hatchback, the Mazdaspeed3 has a somewhat high cost of insurance because since 2013 no new model has been available. The average cost of Mazda Speed3 car insurance is around $200 per month, or $2,400 per year, well above the national average of $1,300. This also leads to an annual cost-to-base insurance ratio of almost 12 percent, which is much over the national average of 4 percent for a car of $20,000.
How do I compare insurance for the Mazdaspeed3?
A Sport Performance hatchback, the Mazdaspeed3 features a blend of high and low rated components. Since it has not been in production since 2013, however, the charges for a used model will be lower than for a new model. The rates of the Mazdaspeed3 are further impacted by the following variables.
- Body type. A hatchback, the Mazda speed 3 is one of the least costly vehicle types to insure along with station wagons. It is a performance car, however, which, due to a greater likelihood of an accident, has higher insurance costs than other autos.
- Fuel. The Mazdaspeed3 is an efficient automobile that achieves better economic conditions than the Mazda3, its normal brother. However, it is fair for a highway’s 18 mpg city and 25 mpg fuel saving. Keep track of the higher insurance costs for cars with smaller mpg.
- Theft rates. Mazda robbery rates are around average overall, the Mazda 323 being most likely to be robbed. Insurance companies can increase insurance premiums for a car if the theft rate is ordinary or above typical.
- Maintenance. The typical annual maintenance costs of the Mazdaspeed3 are not reported. But being a higher-performing foreign car, it may be expensive and difficult to acquire replacement components and maintenance. This might have a negative impact on its insurance prices.
- Coverage. The Mazdaspeed3 second hand probably will cost from $10,000 to $20,000 USD. You might also want to cover calamities like theft and fire with complete coverage at this cheap cost. You may forget to pay for collision when you come across another car out of your pocket..
- Warranty. The new Mazda automobile guarantee, covering three years or 36,000 miles of Mazda’s brand-new Mazda, does not apply to Mazdaspeed3. This also does not imply that you will get free roadside assistance, therefore you will have to add it to your insurance coverage if you need it.
- Manufacturer offer. Mazda only bargains and offers new vehicles at exceptional discounts, but you may be able to get a decent deal for Mazdaspeed3.
Does the Mazdaspeed3 qualify for discounts?
At least some of the savings provided above should be available for Mazdaspeed3, however the exact amount is determined by your model and what your provider offers. The Mazdaspeed3
- Passive restraint discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Airbag discount
- Anti-theft system discount
- Stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners discount
How reliable is the Mazdaspeed3?
Mazdaspeed3 has not received certified safety or dependability ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and NHTSA (NHTSA). However, as the Mazdaspeed3 is evaluated by both organizations, you may conclude that this is the nearly comparable Mazda3.
- Safety. The MAZDA3 standard has already been designated a Top Safety Pick+ IIHS and has been ranked 5 out of 5 stars by the NHTSA. Although, because of its high performance, Mazdaspeed3 would be unable to be awarded, it has many of the same safety measures.
- Reliability. J.D. Power assigns the average reliability rating to the Mazda3 normal, therefore you can expect that the Mazda3 high-performance rating would be the same or worse than that.
- Recalls. The Mazdaspeed3 and Mazda3 vehicles from 2008 have received numerous reminders. This might affect your maintenance costs, so get your Mazdaspeed3 well maintained and check out for retrieval information.
For seven years, Mazda Speed3 was only present, but yet remains a popular sport hatchback. Its design helps to counteract the excellent quality of the automobile, however it nevertheless has expensive insurance costs for a vehicle out of production since 2013.
You may compare and check out our review of Subaru WRX Insurance Rates.