The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is an insurance-expensive car. Mercedes Benz A-Class Insurance Rates is anticipated to cost $137 per month or $1,640 per year on average. With a starting MSRP of $32,800, the price-to-cost ratio is 5%, versus the national average of 3%. Your exact cost, however, may vary based on your location, driving history, A-Class trim level, and extras, and other factors.
What factors affect insurance for the Mercedes-Benz A-Class?
Mercedes-Benz A-Class insurance prices are determined by theft rates, vehicle performance, repair costs, and a variety of other criteria that vary by make and model. The A-Class is compared to other cars in the following table.
- Type of car. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is a sedan, which tends to be cheaper to insure.
- Theft. This vehicle has a low theft rate, which may result in cheaper insurance costs.
- Repairs. This vehicle’s repair costs are ordinary, which generally results in average insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. This vehicle has a high safety rating, which generally results in lower insurance costs.
- Fuel type. Gasoline-powered automobiles are often somewhat less expensive to insure than vehicles powered by other fuel sources.
- Trim. In general, insurance costs increase as you upgrade to a higher trim level or add additional amenities. The base trim level is a popular choice for this vehicle, depending on the model year.
- Coverage. For a sedan, you may want to consider a policy that includes the minimum needed coverage in your state, as well as high liability limits and collision and comprehensive coverage. Additionally, the more insurance coverage you have, the higher your insurance premiums will be.
- Warranty. Mercedes-Benz provides a three-year/90,000-mile warranty on new A-Class models, as well as roadside support.
- Manufacturer deals. Mercedes-Benz is now offering a leasing special. Additionally, you may find other financing options from Mercedes-Benz by contacting your local dealer.
What discounts does the A-Class qualify for?
If your Mercedes-Benz A-Class is fitted with specific safety features, you may be able to save money on vehicle insurance.
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Safety device discount
Mercedes-Benz A-Class safety and reliability ratings
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is unrated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which means its safety is uncertain. However, vehicles of this brand typically have low safety ratings, which results in higher insurance premiums. Automobiles with high safety ratings typically cost less to insure since they are easier to repair and safer in the event of a collision.
Should You Buy A Mercedes Benz A Class?
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class is a sedan with a low theft rate and low maintenance requirements, which makes it an expensive vehicle to insure. Comparing auto insurance quotes will help you get the best deal on the coverage you require for your Mercedes-Benz A-Class.
Here’s our review of Mercedes Benz AMG GT Insurance Rates.