Notice: Trying to get property 'post_content' of non-object in /var/www/bestcarinsurance.org/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/insert-blocks-before-or-after-posts-content/insert-block-before-after-content.php on line 54
The Ram 1500 2020 range now includes a V6 diesel engine of 3.0 liters. The 1500 EcoDiesel features a torque of 480 pound feet and a towing capacity of over 12,000 pounds. The average yearly cost of the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel car insurance rates is estimated at between $200 and $300 a month or between $2,400 and $3,600 a year. The consequence is an annual insurance cost-to-base ratio of around 10%, which is far higher than the national average of 4% on all pick-up trucks for all cars.
How do I compare insurance for the 1500 EcoDiesel?
The insurance costs of 1500 EcoDiesel are anticipated to be comparable to other pickup trucks. Several variables, including the following contribute to these rates:
- Body type. 1500 is a half-ton payload diesel pickup truck. The enormous size and power of pick-up trucks contribute to their higher insurance rates compared to other vehicles, as they can cause more collision damage.
- Fuel. The 1500 EcoDiesel has a stated road fuel savings of 24 miles per gallon and beats its fuel-powered competitors. This may save pump costs, but diesel engines require more costly maintenance, which increase insurance premiums.
- Theft rates. Dodge Rams are one of the most stolen cars in the United States, regardless of the model. Insurance rates are highly influenced by car theft, so anticipate that this will be taken into account in the 1500 EcoDiesel premiums.
- Maintenance. Diesel vehicles generally have higher maintenance costs than petrol trucks, which means higher insurance premiums. As at November 2019, the website of Pickup Vehicles says that maintenance expenses of EcoDiesel are cheaper than those of other diesel vehicles.
- Coverage. With a price tag of $36,000 and a powerful vehicle, you may want to consider boosting your insurance liability limits in addition to comprehensive collision coverage.
- Warranty. MOPAR’s Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 5-year 100,000-mile powertrain warranty. This includes the costs of driving components such as the motor, transmission and drive system that require maintenance. It also provides unlimited roadside assistance that allows you to forget your insurance policy coverage.
- Manufacturer offer. Dodge currently offers several cashbacks and low interest incentives to finance the Ram 1500 in order to save you money on retail prices.
Does the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel should qualify for the bulk of the most common car discounts of insurance providers:
- Anti Lock brakes
- Antitheft discount
- Passive restraint system
- Active restraint system
- Seatbelt pretensioners
- Airbag discount
- Parking sensors
How reliable is the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel?
The Dodge Ram 1500 has excellent ratings for safety and dependability.
- Safety. Ram 1500 is the first full-size truck to be designated Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety and to achieve a Good Grade in all six of the crashworthiness categories. In addition, the National Highway Safety Authority awarded four out of five safety ratings, while U.S. News and the World Report gave it a 9.1 safety rating overall..
- Reliability. J.D. Power forecasts the reliability of the Ram 1500, which is above average, to be four out of five stars.
- Recalls. Because of an issue with front passenger airbags, Dodge recorded approximately 300,000 Ram 1500 cars from model years 2019 and 2020. Similar recalls for the EcoDiesel 1500 are realistic to predict in future.
Dodge recalled approximately 300,000 Ram 1500 cars in the years 2019 and 2020 due to an issue with the airbag of the front passenger. Similar recalls for the EcoDiesel 1500 should be anticipated in the future.
You may compare and check out our review of GMC Sierra Insurance Rates.