Know more about Rivian, to get knowledgeable of Rivian insurance rates.
About the Rivian brand
Rivian, a Michigan-based business, announced the imminent arrival of its portfolio of all-electric vehicles. The R1T electric pickup truck is the world’s first, and both the R1T and R1S electric SUVs have a range of up to 440 miles on a single charge. The premium adventure vehicles are equally appropriate for off-roading as they are for road excursions.
Following a $500 million investment by Ford Motor Company and a $700 million investment by Amazon, production of the first Rivian vehicles is expected to commence in 2020, with a projected market launch in 2021.
How to compare Rivian insurance rates
Rivian’s electric cars offer cutting-edge technology for safety and enjoyment, as well as convenient access to US-made components. However, the higher-than-average MSRP and the need for specialist electric maintenance may add to the higher rates than regular gas-guzzlers.
- MSRP. The Rivian R1T and R1S are expected to cost around $70,000, not counting any tax incentives that may be available when purchasing an electric vehicle. This MSRP may result in an increase in insurance costs.
- Country of manufacture. This fresh holding industry is now based in the United States, which should make parts more readily available.
- Safety features. Rivian cars are designed for offroad use and include underbody skid protection, cameras, radar, Lidar, and ultrasonic sensors, level 3 autonomous driving, and digital technology that learns driving patterns and monitors safety. There is a good chance that you may receive safety savings at this location.
- Mileage. Rivians will be available with a variety of battery pack configurations, including 105-, 135-, and 180-kilowatt-hour batteries. The 180-kWh battery pack has a range of up to 410 miles.
- Maintenance. In general, EVs require little maintenance and cost less to recharge than conventional vehicles. Additionally, you do not require the same fluid refills and inspections..
- Repairs. Repairing automobiles at this level of technology may be costly owing to the specific components and technical knowledge required, which raises the vehicle’s insurance rate as well.
- Theft rates. Typically, electric vehicles do not have a problem with theft, and Rivian’s models are unlikely to either.
- Reliability. Only time will tell how much confidence you may have in Rivian’s EV. Due to fewer moving parts and cutting-edge technology, electric vehicles are regarded as more dependable than gas vehicles.
- Safety ratings. Although these vehicles lack safety ratings at the moment, they do incorporate current safety features and futuristic driver aid technologies like semi-autonomous driving, so anticipate them to receive excellent safety ratings whenever they become available..
Rivian needs time to establish its brand’s safety and dependability as an electric car manufacturer. However, due to its normal EV ticket prices and advanced technology, you should anticipate rates that are higher than gasoline equivalents but comparable to other electrics.
Investigate suppliers capable of taking fantastic care of your prized electric. Alternatively, compare Rivian insurance rates for different makes and models.
Check out our review of Alfa Romeo Insurance Rates.