Notice: Trying to get property 'post_content' of non-object in /var/www/bestcarinsurance.org/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/insert-blocks-before-or-after-posts-content/insert-block-before-after-content.php on line 54
The General Insurance Company was founded in 1963 and has its headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. It covers a wide range of drivers.
People with a spotty insurance history have two solid choices: The General and Nationwide. The General’s costs are competitive, and there are a variety of payment options available.
The information we’ve provided about The General’s auto insurance options, discounts, and customer satisfaction may be helpful to you if you decide to go with them.
The General Insurance Rating for 2021
- Claims satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Not rated
- Customer satisfaction (J.D. Power) — Not rated
- Financial strength (AM Best) — A strong financial position means that the General will be able to pay claims on time and reliably.
- NAIC Complaint Index — Worse than average: The National Association of Insurance Commissioners reports that the General received more complaints than normal.
The General car insurance coverage options
The General will provide you with uninsured motorist, PIP, and medical costs insurance, as well as comprehensive, collision, and liability coverage. The regular coverage options offered by this insurer are, for the most part, similar to those found in other policies.
Custom equipment coverage
Custom wheels, paint, spoilers, performance modifications, trailer hitches, and camper shells are all covered under this policy’s $5,000 cap even if your car is stock from the factory.
Roadside assistance 24/7
The General’s roadside assistance service is managed by Nation Safe Driver (NSD), which provides round-the-clock assistance and towing if your car breaks down or malfunctions while you’re travelling.
The General will cover the daily and total rental car costs up to your per-day limit if your car is damaged and cannot be driven while it is being repaired.
Towing and labor
If you have a problem with your car, you may get free towing to have it fixed. Policyholders can set a cap on the total amount of benefits they get from the General.
SR-22 forms are required by the General’s application, and you must respond positively to the question. The General will file the papers for you if required to do so by your state.
The General insurance discounts and reward programs
If you’re in the market for new car insurance, you should always look for ways to save money. We’ve provided discounts provided by The General below to assist you in saving money on your insurance premiums. Keep in mind that the numbers may vary from state to state.
Discounts based on your policy
- Double deductible. Your insurance premiums will be reduced, but your deductible will be doubled for the first 45 days of your coverage.
- Pay in full. Most of the time, you’ll get a discount if you pay your insurance in full up front.
- New customer. If you’ve had insurance with another company for the preceding five years and switched to The General, you may be eligible for a discount.
Discounts based on the driver or vehicle
- Multi-car. To get this discount, insure a number of vehicles with The General under a single policy.
- Homeowners. Possessing a home is something you must have, right? There’s a chance you may get a break on your auto insurance.
- Military. Military discounts may be available to Louisiana residents who are currently serving or who have served in the past.
- Good student. To get a discount, you must meet The General’s educational requirements.
- Driver training. Upon completion of an authorized course, you may be entitled for this reduction if it was not ordered by the court.
Is The General car insurance right for you?
Regardless of your credit history or past accidents or driving infractions, you may wish to choose The General for affordable and flexible coverage. If your budget is too tight for other insurance companies, The General could be a good option. Even if you have a clean driving record and a good credit score, it’s a good idea to compare prices at the General Insurance Company.
Because of their client base, the company may not be able to provide the most generous coverage and discounts. The General provides affordable coverage that should meet your needs.
Compare Insurance Providers
- 21st Century Casualty Company Car Insurance Review
- GEICO Car Insurance Review
- Pekin Car Insurance Review
- Cincinnati Insurance Company Review
- Safety Car Insurance Review
- Root Car Insurance Review
- Motorist Mutual Car Insurance Review
- Grange Car Insurance Review
- Esurance Insurance Review
- Columbia Auto Insurance Review