A new all-electric ID Crozz will be released in 2020. Although it’s a crossover SUV, this vehicle’s design mixes elements from a sedan and a minivan, making it stand out from the crowd. The Volkswagen ID Crozz car insurance rates is $175 per month or $2,100 per year. Its yearly cost-to-base ratio is little over 6%, with a price tag of over $33,000. This is a bit higher than the national average of 4%, largely because the car is powered by electricity.
How do I compare insurance for the ID Crozz?
- Body type. The ID Crozz is a compact SUV with low insurance costs. Although it has a more sedan-like look with folding back doors similar to a minivan, it is still considered an SUV for insurance purposes.
- Fuel. Although electric vehicles are more expensive to insure, they will allow you to travel farther on a single charge, with a range of 200 to 300 miles. You’ll also save money by not having to worry about unpredictably high gas prices, but the upkeep of electric batteries might be expensive and increase your insurance premiums.
- Theft rates. Volkswagen’s theft rates in the United States are lower than average for all of its models, which helps keep insurance costs down. Because electric cars are less likely to be stolen than gasoline-powered ones, you can expect the ID Crozz to have low theft rates and lower insurance costs.
- Maintenance. Because electric car maintenance costs tend to be higher than those of gasoline-powered vehicles, this might have an impact on your rates. The Tiguan, the ID Crozz’s gas-powered cousin, costs $730 a year on average, according to Repair Pal’s website. As a result of higher maintenance costs, repairs become more expensive, which raises insurance rates.
- Coverage. In addition to liability and underinsured motorist coverage and the $33,000 sticker price, you need full-coverage and collision insurance.
- Warranty. Volkswagen is following in the footsteps of its rivals by providing an eight-year, 100,000-mile warranty on its electric vehicles. While normal Volkswagen warranties often include roadside assistance, be sure to check when your ID Crozz arrives in the United States.
- Manufacturer offer. New Volkswagen vehicles typically come with incentives and low-interest financing from Volkswagen, allowing you to save even more money on this electric car.
Does the Volkswagen ID Crozz qualify for discounts?
Some discounts on automobiles are available to Volkswagen ID Crozz owners if they qualify. Not every insurer offers the same savings, and not all automobiles are built with equal levels of security. Nevertheless,
- Electric vehicle discount
- Anti Lock brake discount
- Antitheft discount
- Active restraint discount
- Passive restraint discount
- Airbag discount
- Seatbelt pretensioners
How reliable is the Volkswagen ID Crozz?
Official ID Crozz ratings won’t be available for several months after the car hits the market. It’s fair to assume that the safety and dependability ratings will be similar to those of Volkswagen’s gas-powered Tiguan compact SUV.
- Safety. The 2019 Tiguan is rated 9.4 out of 10 for safety by US News & World Report. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has awarded the Tiguan a 2019 Top Safety Pick+ (IIHS). Because of the ID Crozz’s excellent safety record, it should result in cheaper insurance premiums, although the exact prices will rely on the ID Crozz’s own safety ratings..
- Reliability. 2019 Tiguan reliability ratings from J.D. Power and Consumer Reports both stand at 4 out of 5 stars. Due to the ID Crozz’s dependency on electric power, we must take a wait-and-see approach to the device’s sturdiness.
- Recalls. Cadmium, a carcinogen, was found in over 120,000 Volkswagen electric vehicles, forcing the company to recall them. You can rely on the car maker to perform a good job.
Beginning in 2020 with the ID Crozz, Volkswagen will offer a full line of all-electric vehicles. It’s a little SUV with a unique design that’s also inexpensive to insure. While electric car insurance premiums tend to be more expensive, Volkswagen’s long history of excellent safety and dependability will assist to counterbalance this.
To find the best deal on an electric vehicle insurance policy, check around for insurance companies that cover the ID Crozz.
You may compare and check out our review Ford Mustang Mach-E Insurance Rates.